What is Project Management?
It is the application of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project activities to meet project requirements- Defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI®)
Our project management services provide a one-stop shop to our clients which encompass all stages of the project. This include the development, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling and commissioning of the projects.
We offer specialized skills where our client benefit from value for money services in a timely manner.
Our aim is to meet the project requirements by adopting a systematic and proactive approach across all stages of the project:
- Scope definition
- Budget estimation
- Project planning
- Detailed engineering
- Cash flow monitoring
- Work supervision
- Quality assurance
- Health and Safety management
ROLE OF THE PROJECT MANAGEMENT DEPT.
- Define the project’s requirements and establish the scope of work in conjunction with the client
- Carry out the preliminary design of the project
- Preparation of cost estimate
- Preparation of the program of work
- Contractor sourcing through direct procurements or tendering procedure
- Preparation of contract documents
- Provision of detailed plans and drawings
- Application for permits and licenses
- Providing work supervision
- Monitoring and recording key issues such as progress, quality of work, site safety, equipment/material orders and deliveries, health and safety standards, environmental issues ect.
- Systematic feedback through site meetings and submission of progress report to client
- Management of cash flows
- Assisting in the speedy resolution of any dispute which may arise between the Client and/or Consultant/Contractor (s)
- Conducting snag inspections
- Ensure commissioning of the building and services is conducted in conformance to Project brief/tender requirements/industry and legal requirements.
- Provide as-built drawings, maintenance manuals and guarantees
- Ensuring a smooth handling over to client
- Carrying out inspection of works during and at end of defects liability period
- Production of Project Completion Report
A full fledged service offered by Lochiel Property Management Ltd for snagging inspections throughout Mauritius for new built property. We also act as an independent entity who work for purchaser of new property
HOW IT WORKS:
- Establishing client’s contact: We establish a first contact with client to understand their concerns
- Arranging site visit: We arrange for a first site visit with Promotor to be acquainted with the property and the extent of work involved
- Proposal for services: Issue a proposal to client providing details of services offered and any exclusion applicable/limitations of inspections
- Snagging inspections: Scheduling the inspection date for the property/unit and carry out the inspection
- Issue snagging report
- Issuing Certificate of Practical Completion (to provide assurance on the quality of works undertaken) to Client
Get in touch